Tuesday 29 November 2011

Charlotte Church: I was offered �100k to sing at Rupert Murdoch's wedding

Junior counsel to the inquiry, Carine Patry Hoskins said that News International have denied these allegations, insisting that Church's performance was a surprise to Murdoch. But Church says she received a specific request from Murdoch to sing 'Pie Jesu'.

The singer also described an incident when an article appeared in The Sun about her pregnancy with her first child. She said that she believed her voicemail messages from her doctor were hacked into as only the doctor, herself and her partner knew about the pregnancy.

Asked whether she had any particular evidence of the hacking of her doctor's phone, Church replied:

"I don't have any particular evidence of that, I have evidence my phone was hacked obviously.. but I hadn't told anybody apart from when I'd gone to have my initial scan. I just can't see that it came from any other area.

"My family were really upset that I hadn't told them first and that it had come out this way.

"It was my news to tell and the opportunity was taken away from me," the singer added.

Church lodged a complaint to the Press Complaints Commission about the article and the complaint was upheld.

Source: http://telegraph.feedsportal.com/c/32726/f/568374/s/1a78ea54/l/0L0Stelegraph0O0Cnews0Cuknews0Cleveson0Einquiry0C8920A850A0CCharlotte0EChurch0EI0Ewas0Eoffered0E10A0Ak0Eto0Esing0Eat0ERupert0EMurdochs0Ewedding0Bhtml/story01.htm

Jon Bon jovi Bono Sonny Bono Pat Boone Victor Borge

No comments:

Post a Comment