Tuesday 24 January 2012

Sound of Music star Connie Fisher's voice saved by Adele's surgeon

But Connie, 28, has battled to get her Emmy Award-winning voice back by travelling to the US to be seen by the US surgeon who is helping pop star Adele.

And the talented singer has performed in public for the first time since career saving surgery.

She said: "I was told I would never sing again. I was heartbroken for ages.

"Life throws you a curve ball, it's like being in a car crash and losing your legs and you still want to run.

"Where there's a will there's a way - you see all these Paralympians and I feel a little bit like that. I've got my boundaries now and I know them, and this part fits it."

Connie, from Pembrokeshire, West Wales is now appearing in Leonard Bernstein musical Wonderful Town which is to open at the Lowry in Salford later this year.

Her new role requires a far lower vocal range than her performance as Maria von Trapp which received high praise from critics.

She said: "I have to rethink how I sing, every time I open my mouth I have to re-evaluate how I'm going to position the note, so it's been very difficult."

"Being back on stage feels natural but it is frustrating because I would love to reach high the notes that I used to hit."

"But I'm happy to accept my new voice which is definitely a character voice - it's changed from a high soprano to an alto and it's quite an exciting sound."

Source: http://telegraph.feedsportal.com/c/32726/f/568374/s/1bdc9b6c/l/0L0Stelegraph0O0Cculture0C90A177470CSound0Eof0EMusic0Estar0EConnie0EFishers0Evoice0Esaved0Eby0EAdeles0Esurgeon0Bhtml/story01.htm

Marilyn Monroe Yves Montand Demi Moore Rita Moreno Pat Morita

No comments:

Post a Comment